Small Claims Court in Arkansas

For accounts under $5000, businesses and individuals may pursue collection through the small claims courts in the county where the defendant resides or where the contract was to be performed. These claims are filed in the city District Courts (formerly known as Municipal Courts).

Attorneys are not allowed to participate in small claims proceedings. Corporations may use small claims courts only if they have three (3) or fewer shareholders or are at least 85% owned by close family members. Collection agents, collection agencies,

and businesses that lend money at interest are forbidden from sue in small

claims court.

Claims on written contracts must be filed within five years and on oral contracts within three years of the time the contract was broken.

Please contact me for more information.

Jeff Dageau

Dangeau Law Firm, PLLC

(479) 409-7265

#smallclaimscourt #collections #collectingaccounts #pastdueaccounts #contractdisputes

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

The materials on this website are made available by Dangeau Law Firm, PLLC for informational purposes only and are not legal advice. The transmission and receipt of information contained on the website do not form or constitute an attorney-client relationship. Persons should not act upon information on this site without seeking professional legal counsel. The materials on this website may not reflect the most current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. Further, prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Some links within the Dangeau Law Frim, PLLC website may lead to other sites. This site does not incorporate any materials appearing in such linked sites by reference, and Dangeau Law Frim, PLLC does not necessarily sponsor, endorse or otherwise approve of such linked materials.


  • facebook-square
  • Twitter Square
  • linkedin-square

​​​​© 2015 by Dangeau Law Firm, PLLC